Friday, September 12, 2014

Finally ... I got my Newsletter Link working


I have spent the best part of the last few days titivating my website. 


Moving borders, updating photos and words and yesterday I added the code to allow people to sign up automatically to my newsletter directly on the website.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required


All rather exciting at Fabrics4u2 HQ. 

I even learnt what a 'Favicon' was and added mine 


Can you see it??? 

Then I got a bit of a bug and had to add the newsletter signup to this Blog, yes that's right, there is a tab at the top which  will take you directly to our newsletter signup. Too easy! and then I had to add one on FB as well.  

You know the more you mess around with the website code the more you start to understand what affects what, but ONE BIG TIP ....
COPY THE ORIGINAL CODE 
so if you mess up you can go back and start again. Just pop it into a word document. It is actually easier to read in there anyway and you can make copies of what you updated and that way see what you need to reverse.

I hope my inexperience is of some help to someone. Does anyone else have any tips for me? I would love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment